If you have moved or changed your name since the last election, you will need to re-register to vote. If your eighteenth birthday falls on or before the next election on February 16, 2016 you can register now.
To register to vote you need:
1 . Proof of identity: If you have been issued a WI driver license or WI DOT-issued ID that is current and valid, you must provide the number and expiration date. If your WI driver license is revoked, suspended or expired; or your WI DOT-issued ID is expired, provide the number and the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. If you have not been issued a WI driver license or WI DOT-issued ID, you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. If you have none of these documents, you will be able to indicate that fact.
2 . Proof of residency: You must provide a Proof of Residence Document.
Options once you have your proof of identity and residency are:
- Mail them in with a registration form available online here.
- Present them, in person, to your Municipal Clerk’s office
- Present them to a Special Registration Deputy
- Bring them to your polling place on election day
ON SEPTEMBER 22, 2015, LEAGUE MEMBERS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS TO HELP FACILITATE VOTER REGISTRATION:
• Lakeland Union High School, Minocqua - before school begins and lunch
• Merrill High School
• Rhinelander High School - 9:30 am - Noon
• Trig's, Minocqua - 4:00 - 6:00 pm