Learning from our Municipal Clerks
Town and County clerks have been invited to discuss several questions:
- What do town and county clerks do? How do responsibilities differ especially with regards to voting and registration?
- What would clerks like the League to know and inform the public about?
- What key things should League members know/do when we assist with voter registration?
- Questions about election procedures - i.e. Are all poll workers trained to register voters? Procedure for updating poll books? When voters are removed from poll books are they informed and how?
- Statistics on how many eligible voters actually voted and/or registered on election day